Sunday, July 29, 2007

Staring Back


One of my favorite poets published this Op-Ed piece in the Washington Post this week, I though it would be a great link.

Kenny fries is a Disabled, Gay, Jewish poet - who often writes about all of his subjectivities in his poems and prose. One of his greatest books is a collection of poetry called Anesthesia. A look at his disability (he is missing his fibula and various other bone structure in both his legs) and a reflection on watching a lover die from AIDS. Few poets have touched me as greatly as he has, and I am pretty happy to say I can consiering him an acquaintance as well. He recently published a new book: History of My Shoes and the Evolution of Darwin's Theory.

I urge you all to go read him. Start with the Op-Ed Piece, which can be found here. See I gave you the link twice, you have to read it now!

Also, go to his website.

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto