Saturday, July 28, 2007

Runaways


I started reading a new comic series this week - Marvel's Runaways. Holy crap! Its amazing. It is about a group of 6 teenagers who discover their parents are supervillians. They then runaway and form a group to try and stop their parents. Naturally, they all discover they have specific talents along the way. In a similar fashion to Buffy (where High School literally was Hell) these kids mortal enemies are their parents. They have to fight the super powered parents to stay alive. The entire series takes place in California - where it seems that no one really wants anything to do with Super Heroes, they are referred to as a East Coast problem.

Genius!

It's one of the freshest and most original ideas I've seen come along in a while. Just recently, Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel, and Firefly) took up the writing mantle of the series. I have not gotten to those issues yet, but I know they'll be amazing.

So far I have gotten through Vol. 1 of the manga sized graphic novels. I am going back to the comic store today to get vol. 2 and 3.

I highly recommend anyone who likes comics to read this series. I love it!

Ok, off to pack... and then some more Runaways.

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto