Thursday, July 12, 2007

A World Of Wizards - Potter V.


The fifth installment of Harry Potter was really very good - not as good as the third one, but still pretty damn good. I was surprised by how much was taken out of this particular film, although it was understandable considering Order of the Phoenix was like 900 pages. But I was so hoping that more would be developed with Ron and Hermione - instead it really became a movie about just Harry and his teenage troubles.

One of the things I love about Order of the Phoenix is that it takes on Harry's transition into teenage-hood and applies it to his dark and twisty world around Valdermort. It is a good connection that Rowling makes in the book.

I would have liked more scenes while they are at the Ministry of Magic and at the Order's headquarters. But I'll make do. Also, certain amazing scenes were cut during the fight scene between Dumbledore and Voldermort... I would have liked that to go on for a while.

Oh and creepy blond girl - Luna Lovegood - also a total amazing character... I loved her.

But above all else, the greatest part of that movie is Helena Bonham Carter who plays crazy Bellatrix Lestrange, a crazy evil witch who rules the entire movie. She is part of Voldermort's army and really kicks ass. As normal Carter can control a screen just by appearing... she barely needed lines, just insane laughter.

I'd say go see it...

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto