Friday, July 6, 2007

Not so Fresh Thoughts

Ok, so after a very long time thinking about this, I decided I would actually do it. I made a blog. This will be a lot of me being all anxious about my move and starting my phd - which causes me stress every time I think about it. But in all actuality, it will be more me talking about pop culture, my crazy students, and drunken stories!

For my first post - which I will probably keep short - I can be very happy to announce that I turned in my Master's Research Project today for my committee to read and prepare for my defense next Friday. Yes, that's right I am a week away from being a graduated Master's degree holder. And crap did it feel good to put that paper in my profs' boxes!

I can safely say that I have not felt this tired in ages, sadly I can't really sleep in as long as I would like to tomorrow as I have a meeting with an instructor from Langara to talk about marking. But after that - the weekend is mine! And it will begin with a visit to the Comic Book Store. Transformers Vs. Avengers... here I come!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy my blog, and do comment! Please!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud that you turned in the paper! After you meet crazy-gummy-mouth, we can go to the comic store. And if we happen to end up at Section 3, well, it's not us, it's the numbers deciding for us. THE NUMBERS.

Matt J. said...

Yes, after gummy mouth, we will go to the comic book store! And I will spend money! YES I WILL!!!

I want section (3) now.... RIGHT NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know what it feels like to finally turn in a dissertation. But now it's going to be a week of jitters as you wait for the final day. I suggest vokda. *smiles*

JPB said...

Is anyone allowed to come to your defence?

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto