Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lazy Sunday


Despite being rather hyper today I am going to try and be a bit lazy... although my plan is to mark papers, and get a good chunk of them done. I can do that.

Yesterday I spent the day on the beach with members of the department, and I was totally inspired to plan another beach day! My going away party is going to be on the beach in August - I just sent the invite around to people on Facebook. I normally don't plan parties myself - but I really want to have a going away party and I worry that everyone is going to get so busy and crazy that I won't get to see my friends before I leave. So, I took matters into my own hands and planned one! A BBQ on the beach - which is fun, cause its time on the beach! How can that not be fun!

So yeah... got side tracked there. Today is all about getting marking done and just relaxing. I don't really plan on going out too much - just to grab some food and then head back inside. If I get tired of marking, I'll read Philip Pullman's The Subtle Knife - second book in His Dark Materials Trilogy. Which is a great series. The Subtle Knife was rather slow to start with, but it is picking up now, around page 200. I hope it gets even better.

Also, I thought a rather sultry picture of Matthew Fox would help edge me into laziness today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when books just start getting good around page 200, it may be time to stop. although, wind-up bird chronicles didn't get good until about page 400 and i stuck it out, so who am i to judge?

Anonymous said...

i think you should change your moniker to 'pragmatic romantic', or 'pragmantic' for short

Anonymous said...

pragmatic romantic just doesn't have the same ring as cynical. it doesn't say "i believe in love - i just don't think it ever works out" quite the way the cynical does.

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto