Friday, July 20, 2007

How do you measure


***Apologies for the fucked up font - formatting would not work with a pasted sentence from a website***

I am tired... FUCKING TIRED. Yesterday I had a great day helping some friends move their books from their offices at the school to their home in Kits. I was so wiped last night, I couldn't even post. Today I had to marking papers for an instructor at a local college


When i got them to her, she did not say thank you, did not even acknowledge that I did her 80 papers in a week. She bitched about the fact that were some I did not mark - I'm sorry, they didn't follow the parameters of the assignment, so i don't mark them. Oh and to top it all off - she forgot the paper work. So I have to go to the college on Monday so I can get paid for my slave labour.

Would it have been hard to say thanks?

I feel exhausted - I feel like the kids from RENT when Benny is trying to evict them. Tonight I seem to be asking myself: "How do you start a fire when there's nothing to burn and it feels like something's stuck in your flue?" So yeah... How do I start a fire when there is nothing to burn in me. I'm so tired I could just fall asleep here in my chair.

In other news - got a check form another college in town - thank goodness, I really need it right now.

Ok, off to sit on the couch and eat fruit and feel bohemian

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto