Friday, July 6, 2007

Comics, Losing Weight, and other randomness


I happily went down the comic book store in Yaletown today and let myself splurge on a few things. After Marvel's Civil War that happened throughout the year (ending in Captain America's Death) Marvel was like "Hmmmm... what should we do now?"

Their answer: "Hey I know, let's make The Hulk go crazy and become a killing machine AND we'll start killing off X-Men characters! Cause, that'll totally go down well with the readers."

Course this is coming from the guy that just bought this week's issues of World War Hulk and X-Men: Extinction... why are comics so addictive? Plus, it was the first issue of Transformers Vs. Avengers this week - I am quite excited about that cross over.

As soon as I am done here I am going to read my stash!

After the Comic Book Store, I went off to American Eagle because I need a second pair of shorts (I have one pair that I wear too often). I bought a pair of blue plaid shorts - I like them. The problem is: I had to buy them one waist size up. This is NOT GOOD! Mind you I did this because the only pair of shorts I liked was in that size so I had to buy then, othewise I would have had to buy "dust colored" shorts. What the hell color is DUST anyways?

But that is besides the point... I need to start thinking about dropping a few pounds. I don't want to be fatty mcmatty when I move. Hence the plan:

Instead of Frappachinos I will have ice tea or ice coffee
Instead of burgers and pizza at lunch I will eat salads
I will not let fast food touch this mouth again for at least 3 months (this includes Subway)
I will walk more - try to walk at least 3 times a week.
No more pop - unless it is diet - now ice tea (brewed) or Dole Sparklers

But I am not giving up my snacks in the evening... I like my chips or crackers while I watch TV - just gonna cut back on the WHOLE containers of Ben and Jerry's.

I will lose weight... I will.

The good news is: I think these shorts look pretty sexy on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if we tossed some more stuff, then the APARTMENT would lose weight, thereby making us feel slimmer, and it would be like losing weight by extension.

I think.

Anonymous said...

2013 hermes bags2013 Hermes Handbags nxco Hermes HandbagsHermes Belts ydma

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto