Friday, July 6, 2007

Alarm Clock Noise

Once again this morning I managed to NOT wake up at the sound of my alarm - well, actually it is pretty clear I did wake up, turn off the alarm and then roll over and go back to sleep. I re-woke up at 10:10 - exactly 20 minutes before my meeting with the lovely Langara Lady (L.L.L.) to talk about marking. I flew out of bed, threw on a pair of jogging shorts, Jes's WWBD shirt and my flip flops and ran out the door. I got there at 10:35 (that is a huge record - getting from Burrard and Smithe to Commercial in like 20 minutes). I spent the whole trip there texting Hotty McHot in Toronto and complaining about sleeping in. Course, it was mostly an excuse to text him. I then met L.L.L. and chatted about marking and how horrible students are these days. She brought up my favorite topic - GAY PULPS! I blabbered like an idiot about them for 20 minutes.

This is the second time in 2 days that I've done this - wake up with NO time to get to where I need to be. Yesterday I woke up an hour before I had to be in lecture at the school and I live AT LEAST 40 minutes away. I got there on time through an incredible feat of me begging Sexy-B (I am giving my friends special names) for a ride.

I'm not entirely sure what is up with me sleeping through the alarm... perhaps being over tired, perhaps stress... but who cares as I will not be setting any alarms for the rest of the weekend! Actually I am not sure if I am planning on leaving the downtown core at all this weekend, hell I may not even leave the apartment.

Once I get my butt in gear here, I am going into Yaletown for drinks at Section (3) and then some comic book shopping. Then, some reading about Warewolves. (Fun times).

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto