Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Day of students and Kate comes home.


Today certainly has been busy, I was up at 6:45 (well actually earlier than that because Queen of the Universe - the cat - decided I should wake up at 5 am). I then was off to school to teach. I love my kids, but sometimes... not so much.

It was a long day, as Tuesdays normally are. But I think the biggest stress was having another TA's tutorial join mine. This would normally be fine - but one individual in this tutorial was rather uncooperative. Even going so far as to say, "This assignment is pretty dumb". I kicked her out of the tutorial. I was not impressed. Although, I was proud of my kids, they really shone today... they kicked the other TA's Tutorial's ass in group work. Go D107!

Oh and I taught wearing only a tank top, shorts and my flip flops today... yeah I was cool!

After teaching I headed down the Comic Store with Movie Diva and her friend. I had promised myself that I would get ONE thing - sadly, Movie Diva convinced me to read something called Preacher. I'll give it a shot. My other thing... the Kate action figure from Lost. How cool is she! I was really excited. Although I wanted Hurley. I'll get him. Kate will have a place of honour on my shelf. I consider her to be an early "You passed your defense" gift. (Yes I am that sure).

After Movie Diva and friend dropped me off I was just about to get in the elevator when the fire alarm went off - I was stuck outside my building for 40 minutes. How dare they. This lady whose son live in the building talked to me, was very nice. Sadly the son was not as cute as I had hoped. But there were lots of guys in tank tops waiting with me. So all was not lost.

Now I will go eat something - perhaps to the bad place - and then relax with Queen of the Universe and my book.

1 comment:

Matt J. said...

Oh yeah - they make action figures, they are amazing. I am still hunting for Hurley.

Movie Diva is one of my ex students - she has seen more movies than any one I know, including you.

White Spot is a total bad spot - its wrong to go there.

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto