Saturday, July 7, 2007

"Where Does The Good Go?"



Despite Jes having stolen my thunder by posting about Suzanne Vega's new album, I will make my post about Vega (and music) so much better!

So, in two weeks Canadian music icon Suzanne Vega comes out with Beauty & Crime, her first album in ages. I love her - her song "Tom's Diner" has always been one of my favourites. And now she has a brand new album filled with folky, fresh tracks.

To her her first single - a live recording of "New York is a Woman", go here.

In other amazing music news, one of my absolute favourite Local Bands - Tegan & Sara are also coming out with their new release, The Con. It is out July 24th. They have really matured and grown as a duo. This lesbian twosome started with The Business of Art, but over all I think their best album was So Jealous (2004). They have really come into their own and become a bit more mainstream, appearing on Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars, ER and even Six Feet Under. These girls rock so hard! They also have a great DVD, If It's Not Fun, Don't Do It. This is perhaps the most exciting news for us fans.

More importantly, a new album also means... a TOUR!

Here's a Clip from one of their FEW music videos: Speak Slow

I love music in the summer...

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto