Monday, July 9, 2007

Marble Slab


After many hours (well 2) on the beach today I was really hot and wanted ice cream. So, on the advice of The Movie Diva I tried this new place called Marble Slab Creamery. Oh. My. God. It is amazing. They have about 25 flavours, and what you do is you pick your flavours - I had Double Dark Chocolate and Peppermint - and choose a mixer. They have about a dozen mixers, everything from mini marshmellos to skor bits, to York peppermint patties. Then they take your two big scoop of ice cream and mix them together with your mixer - on a marble slab, finishing it off with a waffle (chocolate dopped) cone.

I cannot tell you how amazing this place is. Its the best ice cream I've had in years. Better than Casa De Gelato, you ask? MUCH MUCH BETTER. The ice cream is smooth and creamy... oh my god. So good! I might go back tonight for dessert.

As for my day on the beach - it was super relaxing, read my book, and watched the hot boys. One particularly hot boy knocked his ball onto my towel - which I was fine with. The interaction was a bit like this

Me: Careful of your ball.
Him: My balls tend to get out of control
Me: (Stifling a yelp at that) Well, guess you need to handle them better.
Him: Oh I can handle my balls and many others just fine.

He then winked at me and wandered away... I should have asked for a number. Why do these things always happen when I am alone!!!

There was a couple of teenage girls whose entire conversation consisted of "Likes" "No ways" and "Yeahs!"

It was a good day - I think I will make it a Monday Tradition from now on!

Now, back to thinking about Marble Creamery

2 comments:

JPB said...

You could have also made a joke about the marble slab creamery to your ball boy. Something like, "What are your feelings on creameries?" And so on.

Matt J. said...

Yes, I suppose I could have done that - but that would have taken away from the amazingness of Marble Slab... which would be a tragedy.

But next time I see ball boy (please please) I might try that. I think i am out of practice with flirting.

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto