Friday, July 6, 2007

Comics, Part Deux.


Awesome I can bore you all by talking about the comics I just read.

Lets go in order - World War Hulk: can we says AWESOME! Worlds greatest superheroes think The Hulk is too powerful to exist on earth and decide to send him away into space, he lands on a war torn planet and is enslaved to become a gladiator. Eventually he leads a revolution (cause why wouldn't he!) and becomes king of the crazy planet. He marries a beautiful woman, only to have her be killed by a bomb that the heroes who sent him into outer-space put in his space ship (why wouldn't they!). So, Hulk goes mad with RAGE and decides to go back to earth and destroy those that he blames for all this. In the first issues he kills one superhero... its an amazing story, I'm totally loving it. I think there are a few issues so far for WWH that I don't have yet - going back to the comic book store tomorrow!

X-Men: Extinction. Not as amazing as I had hoped. They are not doing whole comics, but it is a side story about Beast trying to find a way to reverse the effects of The Scarlet Witch's ability to destroy the mutant gene. Hello! The Scarlett Witch said "No More Mutants." and suddenly only 100 mutants were left in the world. What about this does not scream: Major Comic Book Event! Not impressed.

Transformers Vs. The Avengers. The first issue rocked my world. I mean, how can I not like it. It combines some of my favorite things - Transformers, Wolverine, and Dr. Doom. I loved every page. Although could use a little less Avengers time in the first issue. But holy crap, I loved it!

Out of all of these - I'd say go get Transformers and Avengers. (But World War Hulk is a close second).

Wow... reading over that post, I realize just how big a dork I am.

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto