Thursday, September 6, 2007

Who Sings the Nation State


In my constant Amazon.com searching, I uncovered something amazing tonight. Two powerhouses of brilliance and two academic idols and people who have influenced my work singificantly are producing a book together.

Who Sings the Nation State, written by....wait for it.... Judith Butler and Gayatri Spivak will be released on October 1, 2007. How could this book NOT be amazing. Two of this planets most brilliant minds coming together to create a series of idea relating to nationhood and the way an individual relates to that nation.

Dear god, someone buy this for me!!! I need it!!! I want it!!!

Amazon link here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto