Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Moneymaker

Exciting news... today, as you all well know, is the 18th of September. Which means that tonight is the Rilo Kiely Concert! An event I have been waiting for since July when I bought the tickets. If you know me, you know I like me some Jenny Lewis and Rilo... a band I consider to be among my top 10 of all time. And I get to see them live tonight. JOY! I will be picking up Marcos around 7 (or earlier - depending) and then relying on his knowledge to get us to where ever they are playing.

Excited much? Oh yes, I think so!

In other news, I met with the prof I am TAing for this year - its a year long course, how fucked up is that! She is fantastic! I love her already. Course in my brain we are already best friends and will hang out a la Tiffany style... but in reality that will probably not actually happen. But a boy can dream can't he.

Tomorrow I have to go to Mississauga - a place I had hoped never to go to, but I must to meet with students for the first time. What kind of TA shall I be tomorrow? Shall I be compassionate Matt? Shall I be bitter angry Matt? Or shall I be the TA we all know and love and do the "I will make you cry merely by looking at you" Matt? Oh we all know which it will be... I can't help myself.

Now I have to go home and clean the house up a bit - it is in a rather poor state after my lack of cleaning while Jes was here... although knowing me, I'll just sit on my ass and read or something when I get home.

I'll leave you with the lyrics to my current favorite Rilo Kiely song - Breakin' Up

it's not as if new york city
burnt down to the ground
once you drove away
it's not as if the sun won't shine
when clouds up above
wash the blues away

are we breaking up?
are we breaking up?
is there trouble between you and i?
did my heart break enough?
did it break enough this time?

here's to all the pretty words
we will never speak
here's to all the pretty girls
you're gonna meet

am i breaking up?
am i breaking up?
is there trouble on the line?
did your heart break enough?
did it break enough this time?

ooh it feels good to be free
ooh it feels good to be free
ooh it feels good to be free

betrayal is a thorny crown
you wear it well
just like a king
revenge is the saddest thing
honey, i'm afraid to say
you deserve everything

am i breaking up?
are we breaking up?
is there trouble between the lines?
did your heart break enough?
did it break enough this time?

ooh it feels good to be free
ooh it feels good to be free
ooh it feels good to be free

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto