Saturday, September 8, 2007

Feeling the love

I thought I would follow up last night's drunken post with a more normal and down to earth posting about my adventures last night. It was Nick's birthday party - his actual birthday is Monday, but he will be in Vegas (bastard) - and the party started at 9 and went till about 3 when i stumbled home.

I went along with Nick, Rob and two of Nick's oldest friend's Janee and Larissa to the City Grill in Eaton Centre - this was after a long adventure to actually find somewhere to eat. The food was great, but the cocktails... well oh my! I am already planning my next visit just to have more to drink. After this, we walked back to N&R's place, where I got to meet their dog Meg. We hung out a bit there and finally made our way to O'Grady's pub on Church street for Bear Night.

Wow.

I had a great time - I felt welcomed right away and think I was doing a good job of fitting in there. As many of you all know, I am not the best at being a overly "gay" situation - generally I am rather uncomfortable and feel a bit out of place. But N&R's friends certainly helped to make me feel welcome... oh and the 5 G&Ts I had certainly helped matters. Afterwards, I drunkenly followed Marcos along Church to find the Vomit Comet home. Then collapsed into bed at around 3:30am.

I know I have said this before - a few times actually. But having friends like Nick, Rob, and Marcos in this city has helped me in ways they can never know. They have helped to make this city seem like home already - just having someone I can call and hang out with or who invites me along to parties and the like... well, you catch my drift. (Don't want to gush too much - or their egos might grow too big.)

Thanks :)

I woke up at 11 this morning and lounged around in bed and the apartment drinking coffee. I got an amazing email from McFarland press today - they have expressed interest in the Pirates collection. I have to write up a proposal this month and get it to them. I am so very excited!!! So, I am currently at Robarts (the peacock) looking up books on Piracy history and other matters having to do with Jack Sparrow. Perhaps, if I don't develop any plans tonight, I might watch Curse of the Black Pearl...

F.Y.I. 4 days till Jes.

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto