Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Am I ready? Yes I am.

In about an hour and a half I will be sitting in my PhD orientation meeting at UofT. I have been waiting for this day for a very long time - ever since I sent in my acceptance notice. It feels weird that it is really happening. It might sound weird, but I feel as though everything over the past few years has led me to this point. I am a much different person than the "kid" who started the MA program just 2 short years ago, I even look different. I know, because I was showing off pictures of past incantations of myself last night... I was tipsy ok? I really do see this as me starting a new and fresh chapter in my life... I am starting to reinvent myself here in this city, and think so far I am doing a bang up job.

Thanks to everyone who sent me their well wishes for today... love to you all.

I am ready for this. I will do well today. (Although doing well at what I am not exactly sure...) And I will have a good time.

Maybe I'll even get to meet my "PhD Sibling" today.... that would be fun.

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto