Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Analities

I have no idea if that is the word I am looking for at this point, but I think it works just fine. I am sitting on the 13th floor of the library fucking around on line and not doing the research I told myself I should be doing. (Because if I am not reading Eagleton or Freud, I really should be doing something productive.)

I spoke to my Early Modern Minds prof today, and ran my paper idea by her. I think I made her head explode - she got really really excited and started talking so fast that I could barely keep up with my notes. My idea is to work on transgenderism in the early modern period, perhaps looking at issues of gender constructs and the way popular writers (read: phampletters) conceputalized the hermaphrodite. I fucking love my idea. I want to write the paper now. Like right now. But I know I have to do other pressing matters as well. Sigh.

Besides that, I ran to Travel Cuts to get a new ISIC card, picked up my October bus pass, and did a lot of reading today. Tonight, I want to try and get some headway in Freud, but I am also about to get the books off the shelves and go get myself a copy of Knocked Up - so I might watch that. I think I want bad food tonight. So I think I will order pizza... I know it is wrong of me, but I want melted cheese and sausage!

Now, as to the title of this post - I had to tell this little story. As I am sitting here at the computer this odd little man sat down at the one across from me. He moved the computer around to give himself more room (that's normal). What is kinda fucked up was when he started blowing on the computer and then went to the bathroom and came back with paper towels - 3 types actually. One was covered in Purell gel...I know I could smell it like he had pressed it against my nose, one that was wet, and one that was dry. He used them in that order. He then continued to dry the keyboard by blowing on it. (Which in my eyes defeats the purpose cause he is just spreading more germs on the keyboard). Also, a very jittery person - keeps moving in his seat. So strange.

Ok, time to get books and head home. :)

Here's hoping Jes's phone is working tonight... I'm going on over 30 hours without talking to him, not good for Matt's mental state!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes - but now he is spreading HIS germs on the computer and really, isn't that what cleaning is all about?

jen said...

sounds like an awesome paper, friend. there's definitely some fascinating literature out there about intersexuality--there's a great website (obviously not historical) but for general info: if you search for ISNA (intersex society of north america), it's very informative...

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto