Sunday, August 19, 2007

Inching Forward

So I am here, in Calgary, sitting in Jordan's dad's house about to eat dinner. It is day 2 of the trip - and I am already starting to feel homesick for everything that is familiar.

Last night we stayed in a pretty nice hostel - it was made up of a general store that was renovated from the 1920s and a series of railway cars that have been made into bunk houses. The lady who ran it was pretty crazy - she made us these crazy pancakes for breakfast. Then we drove like maniacs through the Rockies - I can't even talk about that yet, I loved it!

I got to talk to Jes last night - we spent an hour doing our thing. I was really happy to talk to him. Even though I promised myself that I would wait till I see him in October, I might break down and have to go and visit him at the end of September for a weekend or something. Although I know he will try to tell me not to - but he won't mean a word of it. (And Yes I am well aware he reads this blog and will make a comment about that).

I have discovered something about myself - I am a city boy. Born and Breed. I like my starbucks, I like my email, and I like my concrete. Constant trees and nature... well that gets a bit, old after a while. I will be begging Jordan to find a Starbucks tomorrow morning so I can get an Americano - I can't deal with the drip coffee anymore.

Well it seems like dinner is ready, so I should get going here.

I hope all is well back home.

I miss you all.

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto