Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Distinctly Different


So today was my last day at SFU - I had to watched my students write their exams at 8:30 this morning and then I marked said exams. Overall I was kinda impressed with my students - they did not do as horribly as I had thought they would. I was kinda pleased. Now it is just a matter of entering the grades into Excel and sending them off to be officially entered.

But I am done. Totally. Without a Doubt. 100%. Done with SFU. I have spent the last 7 years there, getting a BA Hons, and then my MA. It is so time to move on. When you know EVERY LITTLE THING about a department, you know you have been there for too long. And I am calling it quits. My grades are going in, my MA is defended. And in 8 days I am going to get in a car and start driving towards a new life in Toronto.

Oh yes. It feels so good! I do feel kinda different... not like I have no purpose, but like I have a whole new fresh chapter that is waiting for me to fill.

Lets do this thing.

Tonight, I am heading out with my posse to Numbers for Karaoke and drinking. I think I've even convinced Jes to come - even if it is for a little while. And then tomorrow, heading out to Mom's for the movers to come and collect my stuff. I really feel like this is happening.

Oh, and I want that bag from ROOTS - Jes has one just like it. But I need something to reward myself for being done at SFU with. And I want a new bag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting shit, my friend. You should absolutely treat yourself to that Roots bag - who cares if Jes has the same one? You won't be wearing them around town together! And if you catch any flack, just tell people you got it first and they'll be all like "I can't believe Jes copied Matt and bought the same bag." It's bound to work! Fools!!

Anonymous said...

god, they probably will think i stole it from you...bag-stealing whoreson blackguard!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Karaoke!

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto