Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Free At Last, Lord Almighty I'm Free At Last


Today is the day of freedom - in about 2 hours I will be watching over my 103 students take their final exam and then I will be at school for a couple hours after that to mark said exams. After which I will submit the grades tonight and then... I AM FREE! No more SFU. No more crappy first year papers about drama. I will finally have totally and completely finished my tenure at Simon Fraser University.

Oh MY GOD!!!

Tonight its that weekly singing thing I do - the girls and I will hit up numbers again and make a night of it. I'm putting my dancing shoes on, so look out boys!


I've been feeling a bit like Angela these days - kinda trapped and unhappy. I think it is the stress of the impending move. Really not looking forward to that shit. Even though I am happy the course is over, I just am not looking forward to all that is upcoming - and I am getting increasingly more nervous about the move. Nervous and excited at the same time.

I do hope this change is the right one.

Well off to fail a few kids...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

failing just a few kids? come now....

Matt J. said...

Ok... well more than a few. Maybe like 10. :)

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto