Saturday, August 25, 2007

First day excitement

I am sitting on my bed in my living room - because it has not been moved into the bedroom part of the apartment yet - and thought I would post about the apartment and such.

Its 10am here and it is already fucking hot. Last night I experienced a Toronto rain shower. Totally unlike anything I've seen in Vancouver, the only thing I can compare it to is a burst of rain I saw in New York last summer. It just came down like nothing I've ever seen before! I was sitting outside talking to Jes and suddenly I was soaked to the bones. Craziness.

I love the apartment - it has a really large kitchen, and then a sizeable living room and a smaller bedroom that you get to by going through a set of french doors off the living room. Yes, that's right I have french doors. Jealous yet? I have a few pieces of furniture, all provided by my land lady - but I am going to get a futon for a couch and some bookcases to put up in the living room and bedroom. Plus I have my coffee table that my sister gave me which will be come the TV stand. One of the first things I did was hang a few pictures, it made it feel more like home I think. I have 2 more bigger pictures that I am figuring out where to hang right now. And my mom is sending my posters along this week, I'll be getting frames for them and they will become part of the bedroom decor.

Today I am going to explore the neighborhood and see what is around here. Plus I am going to Eaton Cent. and get my phone stuff all sorted out. Then I will have a home phone number that you can all call me on. Especially since I get NO CELL RECEPTION in the apartment. Hence why i was outside on the phone. I might be going to Ikea today, but we'll see how I feel about all that.

I will post more later about my day...needless to say, I'm happy here. Or at least I know I will be in time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your air-conditioning, you pampered bitch

Matt J. said...

She keeps turning it off so it gets really hot in here. But it is a cool night tonight and I am going to spend time outside

probably talking to you...

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto