Monday, January 28, 2008

Upwards, faggy, upwards


So, as many of you know - I had a really shitty December and start to my new year. Really really shitty. But I am happy to say that things are looking up. I've started to settle back in to a pattern here in Toronto - seeing people, reading, going to Robarts, wandering around the city. This weekend was really pleasant. On Saturday, while I was recovering from the Dance Cave, I cleaned up the house a bit and then decided that I would head over to campus. I met up with Lindsey and we made dinner. Ok, correct that. I made dinner - she grated cheese. Essential task though!

I made black bean and tofu burritos with rice. I have to say that I was impressed - I am enjoying this whole "new diet" thing where I make food and eat at normal times. It really puts a spring in my step when I have - well - food in my body. After the burritos we watched an episode of the office, "Gay Witch Hunt". I am pretty sure that I died of laughter.

I then wandered home - stopping at Queen Video to get the first season of Battlestar Galatica. I've been promising myself that I would start watching it and I figure no time like the present. I watched a couple episodes Saturday night.

Yesterday I was in one of those moods where you want to be at home, but don't. So I compromised - I went to the Starbucks near my house and read Uncle Tom's Cabin for like 4 hours. Very enjoyable! However, the book is not so enjoyable. I have come to the conclusion that I do not like slave narratives and would like this one to end. I have less than 200 pages left, so I hope to wrap that up today sometime. After that I came home and made dinner (a spicy pork stir fry) and read Tom some more.

So, kiddies, life is looking up for me. I am happy to be back at school - this week I have to do some assignment that involves Victorian periodicals. Also this week I have a PhD cocktail party to go to and then on Sunday a superbowl party. (I am going for the nachos, not the football). Besides that, I am feeling really healthy. Eating well. Just enjoying being back in this city that I love and seeing my Toronto family again. Hell, there is even some boy possibilities on the horizon...

Oh yes, this faggy is heading upwards in a happy and unexpected way.

So be faggy-happy with me.

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto