Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cloverfield

Went to see Cloverfield tonight with Jes and Britt. At first I was not very impressed by it - I think I wanted to see more of the monster than what they gave us. I was not too sure about the way it was filmed... however, after some thought and talking about it I realized I really liked it.

There was just enough monster. It was less about the monster than it was about the emotional impact a major disaster has on the individual.

I highly HIGHLY recommend that you go now and see this really amazing movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man - it does not take you long to change your mind! What happened to the "disappointed by cloverfield" text you sent me? (And yes, that's a direct quotation).

I know you're allowed to change your mind, but here's one movie that will not cause you to change your mind (or blink) once: There Will Be Blood. Just give him the Oscar now.

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto