Saturday, January 26, 2008

Come, enter the Cave


No, not Plato's - the Dance Cave. A big ass dance club that resides above the famed Lee's Palace on Bloor Street in Toronto. Last night was my first experience at the Cave, and it certainly won't be my last.

Tara had put together a little welcome home party for me - yeah, for those of you who know me well enough I got misty eyed at that - and we had planned to drink and hang out at Tara's for a while and then had to the Cave. Not a lot of us actually made it to the Cave, for various reasons, but those who did had an amazing night. Claire, Linds and I stood in line for like 20 minutes (in the freezing cold, might I add) and then met up with Ariel and Jenny inside. We started dancing at 12 and did not stop till 3am. I normally don't dance to the kind of music they play - but damn, hearing M.I.A and Snow Patrol, and U2, and Queen just brought a dance machine in me.

Amazing night!

I managed to elbow a girl in the back of the head - but she shook it off and danced away. We saw a guy with silver pants that HAD to be spray painted on - no man could actually fit into those. I tried to take a picture, but it was too dark. (Linds named him wish-bone guy). There was a guy in fuzzy pjs dancing away - how do I know they were fuzzy you ask? I touched them of course. And then there was Tyler... oh Tyler. How hard you worked at flirting with Lindsey. How confused you were over my relationship with Linds. How well you danced!

Lee's Palace and the Dance Cave has become a new spot for me - if you visit me, you will get taken there.

Did I mention the 4 buck rum and (diet) coke?

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto