Saturday, May 17, 2008

Somewhat Irritated


Ok, we all know I love me some grey's anatomy... but last week's episode (yes I am a week behind) kinda irritated me. We finally get a gay story line - there have been very few - and what do we see? Gay boy rejects his gay lover because of his military dad, gay boy dies after surgery. I was super impressed that Grey's did show two kisses between the guys - mind you one was AFTER the gay boy was dead... which was kinda creepy.

I was glad that ABC let male on male affection fly on network television and that they did indirectly address the US military policy of don't ask don't tell... but could a show, that has had the rather tumultuous history of queer politics that grey's has, not approach this idea with something more than the stereotypical "Dad rejects son's homosexuality, but kinda embraces his son's lover after the son dies"?

Yeah the kiss was hot and all... but I was hoping for more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree...the kiss was hot, sure, but it was also blurry and out of focus. we can show christina holding some dude's intesties, but we can't even see two dudes getting it on in seattle grace, the sluttiest hospital ever? please.

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto