Monday, October 1, 2007

Can it be Friday now?

I am having one of those days where all I want to do is go home and go to bed. I did not get much sleep last night, for some reason I could not fall asleep and then the truck driver decided to leave for work at 5 am... waking me up of course. My alarm went off at 8 and I was up and out of bed.

I am behind in my readings and my marking - so I went to The Future Cafe on Bloor to read for class - did both articles in an hour. Then as I was walking down Bloor to Aroma, so I could check my email, I remembered that I have to make a doctors appointment to get a refill on my Thyroid pills. Naturally, they can't actually see me... I have to go to the clinic tomorrow at 9am to wait for a spot to open during their drop in period. Awesome.

I got to Aroma and ordered a fruit salad, as I was taking a bit I suddenly felt something metallic in my mouth - my labret piercing had fallen out and was sitting on my tongue. So now I have to go to the piercing place and get them to replace it. Naturally, the piercer won't be in till 1, which is when I am supposed to meet with my supervisor. So I had to send him an email telling him I would be late.

I am tired today and am kinda depressed. I miss home, I miss my friends, I miss Jes. But I am excited when I remember that in 4 days I will be getting on a plane and flying to New York to spend 10 days with Jes there.

This week is all about killing time.

Let us hope that nothing else irritating or upsetting happens today... cause I'll lose my fucking mind if it does. Hopefully, I will be able to find a copy of The Wire and can retire to my couch for the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm willing to bet this truck driver did not 'decide' to leave for work at 5a. he probably had a special delivery to make and cursed every moment of his wakefulness.

i know i curse every moment of my pre-noon wakefulness each and every day.

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto