Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ok, they can stop leaving now...


Today I had to say good-bye to one of my first friends here in Toronto. Marcos is flying to Vancouver to start his PhD at SFU in Communications this fall. Yes, I do find it rather ironic that a year after I arrive in Toronto from Vancouver, after having finished my MA at SFU a close of friend of mine is making the same journey, only backwards.

Marcos has been a great friend - he gave me my first look at Toronto, I had my first G&T with him here... we're two very bitchy queens together. (Well I think he's more queeny than I am... but who's counting right?)

I wish him all the best in Vancouver, I know he will thrive there and will totally love it! If any of my Vancouver family wants to take a Toronto transplant under their wing, let me know and I will hook you up with one of the nicest, funniest, sweetest guys ever.

I'm gonna miss him, a lot.

A small request to my friends here in Toronto... STOP LEAVING! Seriously... they're dropping like flies.

Oh, and I write my first Comps exam in less than 48 hours... not nervous at all! Nope.

Now Marcos, about that Hermes scarf....

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto