Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Beginning of the end...


Tomorrow marks the beginning of the end of my summer of comps reading. The first exam happens at 9:30 am... yes, that is right, I will soon be finally free of Comps. And I cannot tell you how FUCKING HAPPY I AM!!!

This summer I have been immersed in literature that I never thought I would have to encounter again. People know that I like my lit, but that I like what I like and what I don't like is early stuff. I can do Shakespeare, but the other stuff... not so much.

Regardless, starting tomorrow I can see the light at the end of a very long and very arduous tunnel. Its been a great summer, but always marred by the reading I had to do and the studying I had to endure.

I spent my morning review Ben Jonson's poetry - I had a moment where I was actually enjoying it, which goes against my nature since I am not such a big fan of him otherwise. I then had a weird encounter with a crazy man at Starbucks, who informed the cafe that Bay-Bloor Radio was out to get him, along with the CBC. Also, random woman walking along Bloor took her shirt off and stared screaming about her breasts.

It was an odd morning...

Alright, I must get going here... Oh I wanted to make sure everyone knows to get the Globe and Mail tomorrow, there is a feature on the Sexual Diversity Program in it, and I have my picture along side the article!

One more day till exam 1, 8 more days till exam 2, 10 more days till I get on a buss to London, ON. (I can do this!)

No comments:

Bloor Street Tears (Formerly Everyone Say Repressed Homosexuality)

A blog about the life and times of a Toronto Grad Student living in Downtown Toronto